Folded FinFolded Fin
Folded fin heat sinks are manufactured by bending aluminum or copper sheets into a variety of fins which are later bonded to a base. This type of heat sink allows for the base and the fins to be manufactured from different materials and can be an excellent choice when you require a thin fin of light weight, differing materials for fin and base, and a low tooling cost.
- Low tooling cost
Heat PipeHeat Pipe
Cooling Source mainly uses sintered or powdered copper heat pipes.
- Under any kind of orientation: horizontal, gravity-aided or against gravity
- Can handle high heat flux density (the heat load divided by the heated area)
- Great potential to increase thermal performance with wick structure to accommodate the increasing CPU thermal dissipation demand
- Consistent thermal performance
- Optimal for high volume production
- Can produce complex design