Folded FinFolded Fin
Folded fin heat sinks are manufactured by bending aluminum or copper sheets into a variety of fins which are later bonded to a base. This type of heat sink allows for the base and the fins to be manufactured from different materials and can be an excellent choice when you require a thin fin of light weight, differing materials for fin and base, and a low tooling cost.
- Low tooling cost
Heat Pipe AssemblyHeat Pipe Assembly
Cooling Source mainly uses sintered or powdered copper heat pipes.
- Under any kind of orientation: horizontal, gravity-aided or against gravity
- Can handle high heat flux density (the heat load divided by the heated area)
- Great potential to increase thermal performance with wick structure to accommodate the increasing CPU thermal dissipation demand
- Consistent thermal performance
- Optimal for high volume production
- Can produce complex design
Our standard aluminum heat sinks are the perfect solution when you have both low cost needs and fast to market requirements and are available in either standard or customized types. An aluminum block is pushed or drawn through a die to create a straight or cross-cut finished product. Each is designed to meet a specific need, and our experts can help you decide which is best for your application.
Extrusion heat sinks can be a great choice when you require a low tooling cost, a low cost per piece, and little or no secondary machining.